Bertrandt - your trustworthy engineering partner
Looking for a career, not just a job? Want to join a dynamic team working for an international industry leader? Enjoy an energetic work atmosphere? Bertrandt US may be just what you have been looking for! The Bertrandt Group has been providing development solutions for the international automotive and aviation industries in Europe, China and the USA for more than 40 years. A total of around 13,000 employees at 53 locations guarantee extensive know-how, sustainable project solutions and a high level of customer orientation. Its main customers include the major manufacturers and numerous system suppliers.
The Company is committed to creating and facilitating a highly visible, reliable, interoperable and driver-oriented Electric Vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure network to support the increased adoption of Electric Vehicles in California and the rest of the United States. It will create the “Gas Stations of the Future” by investing in a range of current and future charging technologies that will provide ubiquitous access to EV drivers along highways, in metro areas, at multi-unit dwellings, at workplaces and in ridesharing programs. The Company will also invest in initiatives to increase the awareness and education of driving electric and will support a number of strategic ‘Green Cities’ projects in California. Through its programs, the Company's investment will enable millions of Americans to discover the benefits of driving electric.
This position is in Reston, VA.
The Engineer Charging Technology reports to the Sr. Manager, Chief Engineer and is responsible for the development, test & validation of the Company's Charger and Technology portfolio (including. L2, DC, High Power DC and Battery Storage). In this role the Sr. Engineer Charging Technology should have an extensive background in product development, quality assurance, testing, & engineering documentation.
In this role the candidate will utilize the Company's Charging Center of Excellence to test & validate the Company's charger technology with support of outside vendors.
• Bachelors degree
• Experience in development projects (including. power electronics, charging controls, inverter technology, & battery storage)
• Experience in analyzing complex electrical systems & pragmatic problem solving
• Excellent analytical & computer skills
• Demonstrated record of precision & integrity in past work assignments
• Demonstrated high level of initiative
• Masters Degree
• Expertise in UL, NEC, SAE, UL, ISO standardization regarding Charging technology
• Six Sigma certification
• Analytical and conceptual thinking – using logic and reason, creative and strategic
• Experience with root cause analysis
• Problem solving
• Technology savvy – skilled development of hardware & software
• Electrical Engineering background or equivalent